Wednesday, March 02, 2005


This project will make
me a full-time writer
for the next nine months.

It’s official. The Quaker Hill Board of Directors approved for me to write a history of the conference center. I’ll edit the existing book and add another 30 years or so, bringing it up to date in time for next spring’s 75th anniversary celebration. It’s due by November. I met last week with the author of the original text. He handed over a box of files and wished me luck. Good news: This project, along with daily column and assorted articles will make me a full-time writer for the next nine months. Bad news: The full-time work will be coming with part-time pay — about two hours’ worth each week. If you read this and want to help, feel free to send a check in the mail. (I have no pride.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Does that mean you'll be posting to your blog less frequently? That would make me sad. =(

-Jon

Eric Muhr said...

I've started thinking of the blog as part of my working life. Can't imagine cutting back.